Heck (?), n. [See Hatch a half
door.] [Written also hack.] 1. The bolt
or latch of a door. [Prov. Eng.]
2. A rack for cattle to feed at. [Prov.
3. A door, especially one partly of
latticework; -- called also heck door. [Prov. Eng.]
4. A latticework contrivance for catching
5. (Weaving) An apparatus for
separating the threads of warps into sets, as they are wound upon the
reel from the bobbins, in a warping machine.
6. A bend or winding of a stream.
Half heck, the lower half of a door. --
Heck board, the loose board at the bottom or
back of a cart. -- Heck box or
frame, that which carries the heck in warping.