Point"ing, n. 1.
The act of sharpening.
2. The act of designating, as a position or
direction, by means of something pointed, as a finger or a
3. The act or art of punctuating;
4. The act of filling and finishing the joints
in masonry with mortar, cement, etc.; also, the material so
5. The rubbing off of the point of the wheat
grain in the first process of high milling.
6. (Sculpt.) The act or process of
measuring, at the various distances from the surface of a block of
marble, the surface of a future piece of statuary; also, a process
used in cutting the statue from the artist's model.